Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Feeding

A little while ago Andrew said that although it's the second time around for us, sometimes with Alaina it feels like we are experiencing things for the first time. I completely agree.

This last week we have been so excited that Lainey is finally feeding herself bits of food (and before that we were all hyped up about her clapping).

Of course with feeding herself comes some other issues. Today I set her on the ground for just a few seconds while I loaded the trunk. When I picked her up she had a pebble in her hand and she was chewing. I swept my fingers in her mouth and pulled out a leaf. Clearly I'm going to need to be more vigalent. vigelant, vigelent, vigalant

Ah, feeding memories:
She was SO little when we first put her in the bumbo (on the counter naturally).

Laina's been a "good eater" so far.
Even if she doesn't like what we're feeding her she still opens her mouth . . .
Of course she also grabs for the bowl (and everything else within reach) and she often puts her foot in her food (but that's the feeders fault really) . . .
She often blows raspberries or babbles with food in her mouth letting puree ooze out.
She is also easily distracted . . .

No comments:

Contributors