Saturday, July 25, 2009

Pioneer Day

Yesterday in honor of Pioneer Day, Lizzie and I made cream cheese banana bread (or as Liz spells it "brad") . We also made butter. Shaking it was a great car activity for our long trek to DC to pick up Daddy.
Today Liz went to her Pioneer Day Primary Activity. She has been SO excited about this. Drew and I went to the gym while she was there so I don't know exactly what she did but when I left her she was coloring part of the campfire.
My favorite part was Lizzie's "pioneer dress." My mom sewed it for me when I was kid (Christmas dress I think) and I loved seeing my little girl in it. When Drew saw the dress he said, that's cute where'd you get it? I said, it's mine, I wore it when I was a kid. He said, when the 1800's?

6 comments:

Ryann said...

She does look so cute in the dress. we don't even celebrate pioneer day here. How did the butter turn out?

Michelle Earnest said...

Drew's comment made me laugh out loud! Aren't sassy husbands the best?

Katie @SwimBikeQuilt said...

Love it! I think I had a few of those dresses myself. My grandma loved pinafores. I should see if my mom still has them for Norah--that's a great idea to wear them as a pioneer dress.

Dan and Sharon said...

the Drew's comment about the dress

Jessica said...

I remember wearing frocked dresses like yours! How fun you still have yours and that Liz can wear it.

Sarah said...

I have to admit....I had a dress just like that when I was a kid. It was the whole Holly Hobby era!

Contributors