Monday, March 8, 2010

Last week . . .

Lainey turned 18 months! She's still little. At 21 pounds and 13.something ounces she's in the 15% for weight (15% for height as well). She has started walking up stairs instead of crawling up. She is still a "good eater" (had a bowl of hummus for lunch last week). She pinches us when she is upset (she actually did it to herself when she was in the hospital). She answers "no" to nearly every question.

She started nursery with no incident. Actually, her first day in nursery was in another ward with complete strangers. She didn't cry at all, just happily waved goodbye when I left. When I picked her up the workers said she did wonderfully. I hope it's the same this Sunday in our ward. Alaina asked me to put two dress-up skirts on her, and then wore them all day long. It was adorable.
Lizzie used a hammer for the first time. She made a "rain gauge" at Home Depot's monthly kid's workshop. Alaina enjoyed her class in the soft play room, as usual. Mostly she likes the slides and tunnels. She's not a big fan of the ball pit.
Lizzie celebrated her 100th day of school and I celebrated hitting my 100-prego-days-to-go mark. Hurray! Now my countdown is in the double digits.
Alaina had her first experience with Play Dough. She also ate pistachios for the first time (and loved them).
Liz tried to keep us (her parents) out of her room. She made a point of putting the sign at our eye level. Alaina enjoyed multiple visits to a local bounce house (two were for Lizzie's friend's birthday parties--same day, same place, almost same time).
Liz went to the bounce house too. She just moved too fast for pictures (and for Andrew too--she beat him down the slide).
I let Alaina have a cupcake at one of the parties. Of course she made a mess, and of course Andrew was annoyed. In the following picture he is demonstrating his frustrated face.
And, we said goodbye (more of a "see you later") to our good friends, the Lines. We miss them already.

6 comments:

Ryann said...

Loving the pictures of the three of you but sad to think that it has now dwindled to only two left there!

Jessica said...

So busy! What a cute 18 month old!

Lisa said...

I love Alaina's dress up skirt pictures...she is so adorable! Also, for some reason you made me hungry for hummus so I had to make some today :)

Scott said...

I think that Olive is going to catch up (weight wise) to Alaina with in the next few months. I can't believe how small and completely adorable she is. I love the keep out sign.. too funny!

Codi said...

that was me. not scott.

Lea said...

We miss you guys too!! all of the pics turned out great!

my kiddos love pistachios too! ;)

Contributors