Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Sick Day

How cute is this? I love the way kids look in their pajamas (especially when they are asleep) and it was sweet to see them sleeping together. The not so sweet part? They are both in my bed. It's pretty typical for one or both of them to end up in the early morning. Oh well. Someday I'll miss this, right? I let Liz stay home last Friday because it was the second day she complained of a sore throat. I told her if she was sick enough to stay home, she was sick enough to go to the doctor and take a nap and she agreed to my terms. But before our appointment, Lizzie was actually pretty helpful. She and Alaina unloaded the dishwasher.
She helped Alaina at her "Blast off for Babies" class.
Lizzie built tunnels.
She also went on the slides with her little sister. She did not seem that sick after all.
We still had more time to kill before our doctor's appointment so we went to a playground and then to Krispy Kreme (because I was craving it--funny that I used to think donuts where disgusting, Krispy Kreme in particular).
Then it was on to the doctor who said Liz wasn't that sick after all. The visit was a bit unpleasant. Lizzie had to have a throat culture and it took three tries to get it because Liz kept turning her head and slapping the nurse's hand away. I finally had to hold her down. So embarrassing.
Since Liz wasn't very sick (possibly allergies) I took her to school, pretty much kicking and screaming. She even tried to refuse to walk into her classroom. Nice try. Obviously I let the sick day be too much fun.

2 comments:

Wendi said...

Um, you should have seen the last time I had to take Jordan for a throat culture....NIGHTMARE!!! A nurse had to hold her on her lap and wrap her arms around Jordan while another nurse tried it...and this was after I tried to hole her and cajole her and bribe her. It took wayyyyy more than 3 tries-and Jordan is much bigger than Liz! It was AWFUL!!! I wish there was another way to do as strep test. It think Jordan would need to be put under!! Seriously!!

Lea said...

That's so funny! I love that you ended up taking her to school!

Contributors