Wednesday, March 17, 2010

St. Patrick's Day

I didn't have anything green to wear (that currently fits), so I painted my nails. Ahh, sandal weather. I also didn't have festive shirts for the girls, but Alaina was able to wear Lizzie's from last year. Go figure.
Like last year Liz raced into our room, all excited about what the leprechauns might have left her and like last year, we weren't prepared. She raced from room to room looking for chocolate gold coins and was predictably disappointed when she didn't find any. Andrew explained that the leprechauns are not like Santa or the Easter Bunny who come at night. Leprechauns can come any time of day. While Liz was at school the little green men visited us leaving gold-wrapped chocolates (some ferrero rocher Andrew gave me a few days ago) and a box of Lucky Charms (I went to two stores and they were completely out of coins). Lizzie was particularly impressed with the cereal.We continued my mother's tradition of green meals. We also added rainbow cupcakes (from Family Fun magazine). The girls loved helping with these though Alaina had a hard time taking turns.
Dinner menu: salad, cauliflower soup, & bread.
Alaina pretty much just ate the dressing off her salad. Liz, on the other hand, tried lettuce and cucumbers with minimal whining.
Dessert: rainbow cupcakes!
Liz felt bad for Alaina because Laines didn't get any whipped cream on her cupcake, so Lizzie gave her little sister a spoonful of the stuff. Needless to say Lainey liked it.
I'm sure the additional sugar attributed to Laina's hyperness the rest of the evening.
Oh, and then Alaina topped off the night by pooping in the tub (green poo, naturally) during her second bath of the day. Awesome. Final tally: 3 baths for Alaina, 2 for Elizabeth, 1 for me.

5 comments:

M & J Bowerbank said...

How fun! Love your nails, and jealous for the sandal weather! Those cupcakes looked delish. You are so creative!

Ryann said...

I love how you celebrate little holidays. I thought that it would be big here, but they don't do it. I was even talking to Irish friends of mine. They hadn't even heard of it. Strange.

Codi said...

We made those cupcakes too! The girls loved them, but it was more work than I thought it would be.

Ali Snow said...

Such cute ideas! I love the rainbow cupcakes.

rachael said...

You are such a creative mom. We made green cupcakes with shamrocks on them, but that's it.

Can I make a request???? Can you post some prego pictures. I want to see that belly!!!!

Contributors