Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Music

Instead of the usual Sandra Boyton or Junie B Jones, I've been playing my music in the van lately. Mostly just one mix CD. I'm glad Liz likes it, but sometimes it is kind of weird to hear her singing grown up lyrics like "blood makes noise . . . " (by Mary's Danish). The other day we heard her singing, "all the single ladies, all the single ladies" under her breath. Drew turned to me and was like, since when does she listen to Beyonce? Lizzie's current favorite is "My Sharona" by the Clash. I think we listened to it 10 times yesterday.

2 comments:

flem-fam said...

Tell Andrew that she knows All the Single Ladies from the Alvin and the Chipmunks soundtrack - it's on there! I've been listening to the Glee soundtrack lately, and was a bit mortified to realize my kids know most of the words to "Bust a Move." It's a bit horrifying to hear your 6 year old singing "You want it, you got it, you want it, baby you got it."

Julie said...

So funny! My kids' were singing "She's my cherry pie" by...I have no idea. Too much guitar hero. I don't even think I know what that song means! You can only listen to little kid music in the car for so long!!

Contributors