Monday, April 26, 2010

It's started.

The busyness of ski patrol training has started. Unfortunately it's coinciding with one of Andrew's busiest work weeks ever (busiest in my recent memory at least).

Last Saturday he had what we originally thought was a family day at Liberty ski resort. Upon further inspection, however, he realized it was just for him. So, the girls and I went to the ward fun run/health fair on our own and then to Michael's craft store for the free kid's craft and to stock up crafting supplies to occupy ourselves for the rest of the weekend.

As usual I over estimated how much we could complete in an afternoon, but maybe by the end of the week we'll finish stuff off. Still I'm excited for Andrew to do ski patrol. I know it's something that he's wanted to do for a while now and at least he and Liz will be able to ski for free. I will to, but really, how likely is it that I'll hit the slopes?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
One of the projects we started this weekend was a daily (pictorial) "to do" chart for the girls. I'm slowly collecting shots of Liz and Laines going about their usual routines. This evening I didn't get a lot of usable pictures, but at least we all survived till bedtime.
Lately Alaina has been scrunching up her face and saying "cheese" whenever I pull out the camera (and other random times as well). Andrew insists it's the face I make when I'm trying to get her to smile, but I refuse to believe it.
Alaina wasn't exactly "difficult" tonight, but she sure kept me busy. While Liz was taking a bath Lainey ran into the bathroom and tossed her beloved teddy bear into the tub. Then she (Alaina) dissolved into tears when she realized it was wet. I did my best to dry teddy with a towel and returned it to her. Lainey got all excited. She hugged the toy and giggled. Then she ran right back to the bathroom and tossed the dumb bear back in the tub. Hello?! Cause and effect kid!

2 comments:

Dan and Sharon said...

love t he piggie pjs Alaina wears them well

ivyjeanne said...

Okay, your girls make the greatest faces! I love it.

Contributors