Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Longwood Gardens

I LOVE day trips. Drew does not, but on my birthdays he plays along. I have wanted to go to Longwood for awhile now and it definitely did not disappoint last weekend. It took us longer to get there than we thought it would and after dealing with tantrums, the temperature, multiple bathroom breaks, lunch, and the water features in the children's garden, we only had time to see about half of the grounds. I can't wait to go back and experiment with my new camera once I finally read the manual/take a class and I know what I'm doing. As it was I had a lot fun taking pictures of the pretty flowers.
Oh, and I had fun with my family too.
We especially enjoyed the topiary garden where Andrew and Lizzie played tag and hide 'n seek.
Unfortunately, we did NOT dress appropriately for the weather and ended up buying each of us an over-priced sweatshirt in the gift shop. I plan to leave them in the car for emergencies (or other times we simply neglect to plan ahead).
We finished off the day with cake, of course.
Lainey's a sweety mostly, but she really worked me over yesterday by pouring bags and bowls of food on the floor and pooing on the carpet. Scrubbing up excriment on my hands and knees felt like quite a change after such a pampered weekend.

5 comments:

Ryann said...

Happy birthday Jill!!! Your pictures look great. Was it an SLR camera?? Glad you had a good day!

Jessica said...

I'm glad you finally made it to Longwood! Perfect occasion. I was just thinking about that place and how I hope to go at least once a year.

Jones said...

Happy birthday! Sorry about the carpet incident. Not fun.

Carrie said...

Happy Be-lated Birthday Jill!
I'm glad you got to do some fun things despite having to clean up stuff on the carpet. I remember having a breakdown when I was pregnant with Seth and Joseph left me a mess in his underwear. Cleaning up poo is not fun. I feel for you.

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday! Longwood looked beautiful. I've heard great things about that place. Excited for camping!

Contributors