Wednesday, May 12, 2010

35 weeks

Yesterday I hit my 35 week/35 days to go mark. I love the way that works out. So far so good. I'm going to weekly OB appointments. In addition to those I have bi-weekly non-stress tests & sonogram appointments at the hospital. It's a pain to find sitters, but it's a relief to be monitored so closely, especially since I've hit the really scary time.

I'm a lot less nervous this time around than I was with Alaina. Mostly I've dealt with the pregnancy by trying not to think of it. Plus, Laina is a nice distraction. Once I hit 30 weeks, though, my nerves began. See, I knew if there was some sort of complication when I was 20-something weeks along the baby probably couldn't survive outside the womb anyway. But, at 30-something the baby could survive so now I feel like it's all on me to notice any potential problems and I don't feel like I have a very good track record with that. I had no idea there was a problem with Jacob until he was gone and I didn't know I was having pre-term labor contractions with Alaina until the non-stress test detected it.

Anyway, 35 weeks is a big number for me. By 35 weeks Jake was dead and with Alaina I was already on bedrest. This time around things look great though. I'm being monitored more than ever and I'm guessing it will probably end up being a completely complication-free pregnancy. Still, the doctors are willing to induce me early. I just have to have an amnio at 37 weeks to check for lung development. I scheduled one for a week from this Monday. I'm nervous about it, but right now I'm more nervous to be pregnant for many more weeks.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

You are almost there! How exciting! I'm sorry this is also such a scary time for you--hugs.

M & J Bowerbank said...

Good Luck! We will keep you in our prayers. Hopefully all will go smoothly!

Jones said...

Feel free to "use" us for babysitting again! I couldn't this week because we have relatives in town, but we're usually open in the mornings :)

Unknown said...

Way to go, Jill! We are excited for you and you aren't far from our thoughts.

Contributors