Sunday, May 2, 2010

Camping

I have gone car camping during every pregnancy, but never when I was this far along. We did an over-nighter in Prince William Forest Park with three other families last Friday night and I think it went pretty well. Andrew's ski patrol classes started Friday night so he didn't make it to the campsite until around 11 p.m. Luckily the other guys helped me set up my over-sized tent and unload my gear (thanks Corey, Dan, and Ben).
I tried to wait up for Drew's arrival, but quickly fell asleep when I laid down with the girls to help them fall asleep. In the end no one slept well. Andrew was uncomfortable on the ground and I now know that pregos need to have their own air mattress, not share one with two cuddly little girls.
As usual Sarah B. planned fun activities for the kids. She gave them each a bug collection kit and the kids spent tons of time searching for caterpillars (or callapillars as Liz says). They named the bugs and set up "playdates" for them.
The kids also enjoyed playing cowboy with Corey's lasso. They ran around the campsite and Corey lassoed them. They also tried to throw the rope themselves. Liz lassoed herself before lassoing a camp chair. Drew took a turn as well.
Saturday morning we took a short hike to a small river.
At the river the kids enjoyed running across the bridge, but mostly they spent their time in the water.
Andrew got in the water too, but he said the rocks were too painful for his bare feet. Liz didn't seem to mind it though.
Andrew and Alaina spent most of their river time skipping/throwing rocks.
Not surprisingly Alaina became soaked. Since her change of clothes was back at the car, she completed the hike in her diaper.
While Drew, Alaina, and I were happy on the riverbank Liz couldn't get enough of the water.
Andrew got a few unflattering candid shots of me. Thansk a lot Hon.
At least we got some cute shots of the girls.

5 comments:

Jessica said...

Ahh, camping. I wonder if I will EVER go again. Looks like you had a blast!

Codi said...

How fun! I love camping, except for the sleeping part. Does anyone ever sleep well camping?

Sarah said...

It was very fun seeing you guys. And way to go on being that pregnant and camping. What a trooper. :)

ivyjeanne said...

Cute pics! That campsite totally reminds me of a place I grew up going to every summer with my family. You are such a good sport for going -- not sure I'd be that brave.

Carrie said...

Your camera takes really nice photos! I'm amazed you could go camping at this time of year and this time in your pregnancy!

Contributors