Sunday, October 24, 2010

Air & Scare

Yesterday I intended to take the girls to the Fall Harvest Family days at Mt. Vernon, but instead of getting up early and getting out. I turned on cartoons for the girls and let them scrounge for food in the previous night's Halloween bags while I slept in a bit. Not surprisingly I had a huge mess to deal with when I woke up (including poop all over my neglected baby). I just didn't feel like dragging the girls all over a giant estate.

Then, Wendi called and let me know about Air & Scare at the Smithsonian's Udvar-Hazy Center. Free event indoor Halloween event?! I was totally in. It was fun. It was exhausting. It is another event that I'm glad I went to but probably won't be in my annual repertoire (at least not the same weekend as another big, crowded candy fest).
Since it was indoors the girls got to wear their fairy costumes.
We gave Lizzie's friend Jordan a ride to the event and she ended up hanging out with us most of the time. Liz loved it.
There weren't many candy stations, but there were a lot of other fun activities. Liz got her face painted.
The girls raced their witch (colored picture attached to a balloon wheezing air).
They also watched a puppet show, guided a remote control robot through a little maze, and shot "fatal mini sound waves" at ghosties (below). All very fun.
The place was a bit of a geek fest. It was absolutely full of Star Wars photo ops. This was the only one that didn't have a line. Not sure who the characters are, but they had light sabers and I figured Drew would be amused.
This shot was taken right before we left. Yeah, we were exhausted and we had one more event planned for the evening.

No comments:

Contributors