Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Updates

These last couple weeks have been eventful:

Andrew put in his two weeks notice. He starts a new job next week (in DC, not NC).

Alaina pooed in the potty (no, we are not toilet training, it just kind of happened).
I called our cable company to complain about the new "guide" setup and ask if I could have the old format back. After being on hold for awhile I decided against complaining and hung up. When I told Andrew about it he pretty much said I was being ridiculous and resisting change too much (his words: "acting like your grandfather").
Lizzie participated in our new ward's primary program and did a fabulous job.

.

I survived my first Andrew-does-ski-patrol-stuff-all-day-Saturday-AND-Sunday weekend.Gabrielle has started cuddling with us again (she had a little hiatus when she started to hold her head up).I gave a talk in church about agency on my second Sunday. I had to speak for 15 minutes and wasn't sure I could. Andrew said, "I know you can speak for 15 minutes." I told him talking at him for 15 minutes wasn't the same as talking to a 100+ congregation from the pulpit. I survived. Lizzie went to the optometrist and we discovered that she does NOT need glasses (hallelujah!). We also discovered that I have been mispronouncing optometrist. Andrew bought what he says can be his birthday and Christmas gifts from me (we'll see how feels about this in December). I officially decided against cloth diapers after we changed five nasty ones between the two little ones a couple Sundays ago. My decision was confirmed this last weekend when Gabby had a blowout both mornings and I elected to throw her onesies away rather than launder them.

2 comments:

Julie Broadbent said...

Wait. When were you FOR cloth diapers? yuck!

Dave and Emily said...

sounds like a fun week! what company is Andrew going to be working for, and is he going to be doing the same type of work?

Contributors