Wednesday, October 20, 2010

FHE - Patchwork Pumpkins

I had a lot of little scraps left over from the tissue pom-pom flowers I made for Lizzie's birthday party. Last Monday night we used them to decorate the girls' pumpkins. I think the family enjoyed this "waste not want not" activity much more than split pea soup I made from other remnants of Lizzie's party. Turns out none of us much care for split pea soup. Go figure.
Laina demonstrates our process: slather on some modge podge, adhere a tiny piece of tissue (if we do this again next year we'll cut bigger pieces), . . .
and slather on some more modge podge.
And then of course I wanted to pose for pictures. Not everyone was excited about this.
Once we were done decorating the pumpkins I had to glue their stems on. Our pumpkins were freebies from a community event a couple weeks ago and we pretty much got the ones from the bottom of the barrel (a.k.a. the unwanted stemless ones). Luckily there were random pumpkinless stems scattered around as well so I was able to collect all the necessary components.
Of course Andrew took the opportunity to smear glue all over his palm because he likes to peel it off and Lizzie quickly followed suit. I'm pretty sure they both enjoyed peeling glue off their hands even more than our actual craft.

No comments:

Contributors