Sunday, October 10, 2010

The Weekend

On Saturday Drew took a certification test and practiced evacuating people from the ski lift.

The girls and I went to a baby shower. Delicious brunch, ladies that I haven't seen much, one good friend from out of town. Then we went to a "community picnic" at Lizzie's old preschool. Free lunch, free games, free pumpkins, fabulous. While there I somehow picked up someone else's nursing cover (cuz it looked just like mine). Oops. Then we went an open house at a local fire station. Cotton candy, popcorn, model trains, balloons, stop-drop-roll practice, firetrucks, tattoos, and a chance to spray a fire hose. A firefighter showed us various ways to put out a kitchen fire. It was a good refresher since I recently discovered the hard way that our new flatware is flamable.
It was a fun day, but it wore me out. When Drew called on his way home from ski patrol and said he wanted to get a haircut on the way home I wanted to cry. He could definitely hear it in my voice though because he came straight home and gave me a break. This weekend we also had some down time:
And the girls had some daddy time:
And I went to church at our new ward for the first time. We know a lot of people in this ward: the Elder's Quorum president, the Bishopric, the Relief Society presidency, and maybe a dozen others. I doubt we'll ever move into another ward where we are poised for an easier transistion. Still, it felt weird. It definitely didn't feel like my ward. The funny thing is, we went to our old ward later in the afternoon for a baby blessing and it didn't feel like my ward anymore either. I kind of feel like I'm between wards.

1 comment:

Ali Snow said...

It's a good nursing cover.

Contributors