Sunday, October 3, 2010

Art on the Avenue

Yesterday while Drew was in training, the girls and I went to Del Ray's annual Art on the Avenue for five hours of festival fun. Loved it. It was a bit of work to take the girls on my own, but honestly it's also a bit of work to get Andrew to go to these things.

The girlies had lots of crafting fun. They made notebooks and tissue flowers, painted on the mural,painted mini pumpkins,and made a scarecrow. It was our first one ever and the girls loved it. In fact after we stuffed ours Alaina went around and tried to help stuff over people's scarecrows.
Lizzie wanted to take some pictures of me tying the thing together. She didn't manage to get my head in any picture, but, given the angle, every shot but this one was a cleavage shot.
Our scarecrow is slightly disproportional because Lizzie picked a pair of pink short pants instead of any of the "boy colored" long pants. Naturally, our scarecrow is a girl.
Getting it home was interesting. Gabby was relegated to the baby bjorn and when we got to the van Liz suggested I put our scarecrow in the front seat so I'd "have someone to talk to when Daddy isn't with us."We also made rain sticks and ate lots of treats. Right before we left I bought us all cake pops for a dollar each which felt a bit over-priced to me. Turns out they were originally $3 each. We had hit the "fire sale" at the festival end.Gabrielle was very good natured and moist (can you see that she soaked the entire shirt front with drool?). She also got lots of compliments on her hat. One dread-locked guy said, "Yeah, you wear that hat!"

3 comments:

Codi said...

That looks like such a fun festival. Gabby is getting so big and changing so much in just a few short weeks.

AW said...

That is a SUPER cute hat on Gabby:) I miss good ole Art on the Avenue! Last year I went just for fun with Adrienne and a friend, instead of selling stuff, and we had a great time! I'm sure they have stuff like that around here, but who knows where...

Carrie said...

I love Lizzie's thoughtfulness to put the scarecrow in the front seat for you to visit with. Very funny!!

Contributors