Monday, April 4, 2011

Making Progress

Yesterday was our one week mark in our new place. We still love it. We are still unpacking and probably will be for awhile. Even after we unpack we still need tackle window and floor coverings. Usually this time of year I insist on a family outing to view the annual cherry blossoms blooming downtown. Instead this weekend I continued to unpack while Andrew set up a cabinet for us. If he had to do one again I'm not sure which he'd pick: assemble a giant closet or fight the crowds along the tidal basin. Incidentally, while the weekend was pretty much endless work for Drew and I, it was pretty much endless fun and partying for the kids, Lizzie in particular. She attended a birthday party on Friday night and Saturday morning. She also made it to the tail end of the party Alaina went to Saturday and then to the school play later that night. . A lot of our place still looks like this, but some rooms/spaces are coming together. For instance, the nursery is unpacked. I consider this phase one. Everything is put away. Phase two will be when we finally decorate it. Also finished as of our one-week mark: the linen closet, guest bath, and powder room (impressive right? ha!).

Last night along with general unpacking I had a crazy moment and swapped out all our colored hangers for white--because they match the wire shelving in my closet, of course (oh, and I had more white hangers than any other color). When I had suggested the project to Drew the night before, he looked at me in surprise, glanced at boxes and clothing piles strewn about the room and pretty much declined to participate so I did it myself. I fitted the leftovers onto a special spare-hanger holder I picked up at Bed Bath and Beyond a few years ago. Yup, I'm the sort of person who has a spare-hanger-holder.

3 comments:

Ryann said...

How great to have a nursery! You must be loving all of that space!

Wendi said...

Totally laughing at the hanger thing. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who gets distracted by small things amid a huge project.

Julie Broadbent said...

Spare-hanger-holder. yeah, that sounds about right. There may be boxes and boxes of unpack stuff all over the house, but I bet the drawers look great. :)

Contributors