Tuesday, April 19, 2011

My Birthday

First off, look at all those candles! I've entered my "mid thirties" which probably also means I've entered the number-shaped candles phase as well.I celebrated by taking it easy: slept in, stayed in my jammies all day, and alternated between reading my book and watching Harry Potter movies with Lizzie.Drew got up with the girls, took them to the grocery store, and made me breakfast in bed. Lizzie was super excited about the breakfast--all smiles and giggles.Liz also called me "birthday girl" all day. It was sweet to see her be nearly as excited about my birthday as she is about hers.Andrew totally waited on me, took care of all the diapers, and set up the ipod touch my parents gave me. I had for a few weeks before I took it out of the box and about a week ago Drew starting saying "when you set up your ipod . . . " I stopped him and said, "Let's be honest. We both know you're going to be the one setting it up." Thanks Babe! The girls helped me blow out the candles on my cake then everyone dug into it while I had a slice of the fruit tart.Drew and Liz got me birthday cards. Drew's had a "roses are red" rhyme which included some sexual innuendo. Liz read it, didn't get it, and wrote me her own "roses are red" version. So cute!I got lots of well wishes from friends and family on facebook which left me feeling very loved and also a bit guilty since I barely ever go on it to do anything.Ellie's sisters got their first cake on their first birthdays. Ellie got cake on mine. She so excited! Flapped her hands and everything.

3 comments:

Codi said...

Mid 30th! Don't say it, I think that I am still in denial that I will be there in a few short months!

Hope you had a great birthday day!

Julie said...

I'm one of the rare facebookers too...so you wouldn't have seen a birthday wish from me there...so Happy birthday,late. In my opinion, mid 30s are the best...seriously! Try facing the wonderful 40 like I am this year...ugh!

Morgan said...

Happy Birthday!!!!!

Contributors