Thursday, December 31, 2009

Announcing it to the girls . . .

. . . (and some other people I guess). We told the girls about my current pregnancy Christmas morning with baby dolls from their "future brother or sister." We told family weeks earlier in our Christmas card (though in the end Liz knew before most of my brothers because apparently they don't read cards).

Anyway, Liz didn't quite get it at first which was reminiscent of when we told our own parents about our pregnancy with Lizzie. We gave them "I love Grandma" bibs and Drew's mom suggested we give it to his pregnant sister, Carrie. My father didn't get it either but played along until it was obvious what we were talking about.

13 comments:

Ben said...

That's awesome! Congratulations! I love how she tries to explain her understanding of the announcement. So fun!

Lea said...

We are SOOO excited for you guys!!

Brooke said...

Yea! I'm so excited for you guys. I'd been wondering actually. When are you due?

DC Diva said...

Cute and congrats! We're excited for you and your family.

rachael said...

That is the cutest video ever!!! I love hearing Lizzie trying to figure it all out.

Jones said...

I was so excited when I read it in the Christmas card! Congrats!! I can only imagine that explaining it to Liam the next time around is going to be tricky--how are you feeling?

Julie Broadbent said...

Yeah! congrats Jill and Drew!

Wendi said...

awesome video. the logic of a 6 year old. So funny.

Candice said...

Congratulations and thanks for the laugh. Liz is so smart! Her explanation was pretty good too!

Michelle Earnest said...

Congratulations! Lizzy is so cute.

Marcy said...

Congrats!!! When are you due???

Leslie Green said...

Congrats, Jill!! I was just visiting your blog from Wendi's and saw your good news. How wonderful!

eileen said...

congrats!! hope you are feeling well. i loved watching this video too. so fun! you do the cutest things.

Contributors