Thursday, September 30, 2010

Consignment

Last weekend I consigned Jacob's winter clothing. It's been three years (or will be next month, actually). It was time. I was a little surprised that I got emotional as I prepped them--didn't help that I was watching the movie Marly & Me while I tagged things (one of the characters has a miscarriage).

At first I saved Jake's clothes (his intended clothes) because I couldn't bear to part with them (and too be honest, I haven't parted with all of them yet).

Then I saved them because I thought we might use them for other children, but two girls later I think it's safe to part with them.

My intention was to consign everything and buy a few pairs of much-needed pajamas for Gabrielle then I decided that she could just wear her brother's hand-me-downs:

4 comments:

Jessica said...

She looks cute in puppies! I applaud your bravery in consigning Jacob's clothes.

Ryann said...

So very sad for you Jill! Just the other day I was telling the girls how you buy a toy at Christmas and donate it every year. They thought it was a good idea-so I think that we will join you this year:)

AW said...

You've come a long way Jill and I think that is sweet that Gabby is wearing his hand me downs!

Rylie said...

How sweet! She looks great in those little jammies! So great to talk to you yesterday. You have such a beautiful family, and I know your son Jacob is proud to be a part of it. :)

Contributors