Thursday, January 27, 2011

Darn Snow

Yesterday I tried to pick up some cupcakes before the snow hit. I timed it wrong and what should have been a 20 minute drive home took me about 2 hours and 45 minutes. That's right, 2+ harrowing hours with my three little girls in tow, a nearly-dead cell phone, both house keys (sorry Drew), and virtually no necessities. And by necessities I mean hats and gloves for all of us, a coat for Ellie, drinks, snacks, snow shovel, a coat for me (I stupidly wore just a zip-up hoodie). Lizzie & Ellie slept during part of the drive. Alaina cried and whined almost the whole time. She was hungry, she didn't like her seat belt, she kept kicking the window and telling the snow to go away because she didn't want it there. Argh! Notice my back window. Totally covered in snow. It came down faster than I could melt it. Probably the worst driving conditions I have ever experienced.
Snow day today. Of course. Yes there's snow on the ground, but not on the street. I had no problem getting to the gym and Target and a friend's house this morning. I'm sure I could have gotten Liz to school. Ditto on tomorrow since school's already cancelled.
This evening the girls and I made edible snowmen (chocolate covered marshmallows on a stick). Kissing snow people. Incidently, whenever Alaina sees kissing--on t.v. or between her parents--she says ewwwww.
Yesterday's cupcakes were from Fluffy Thoughts Cupcakes in Mclean. It was my first time going to any sort of cupcake shop and they tasted fine, but I still just don't get the whole cupcake craze.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

The cupcakes do look lovely though. :)

Contributors