Wednesday, January 12, 2011

What we've been up to . . .

This morning my mom called and asked when I was going to post again. I guess it's been a while (for me). So far we've just been trying to get back into a routine after the holidays.
We came up with this year's family theme. We also updated our "to do" list with fun winter activities for the next few months. Thing Lizzie's most looking forward to: ice skating with Daddy. Thing Drew's most looking forward to: skiing with Lizzie.
Since this last snowstorm was pretty pathetic (a.k.a. did not provide enough snow for sledding or snowman-building) we made do with "indoor snow" (shaving cream).
I'm in the Primary now and honestly, these last two Sundays have been pretty stressful. Drew is gone all day for toboggan training so I'm flying solo at church (meaning Ellie comes to Primary with me). Last Sunday the two little ones were super loud in Sacrament meeting. I could not get Alaina to pipe down. At one point I whispered, "quiet Lainey!" And she immediately turned it into a song, chanting "quiet Lainey, quiet Lainey." Argh. Lately Sunday has become something to "just get through." I'm hoping I can do better this Sunday (by preparing earlier).
I finally started giving Ellie veggies. We've started her on broccoli. She's not loving it.
Alaina has started taking her naps in her (or my) bed instead of the pack-n-play so Alaina can start taking her naps in the pack-n-play instead of her carseat (finally!).
We're slowly replacing our holiday crafts and decor with winter ones (thanks Dyckmans for showing me the proper way to make snowflakes).
Alaina started dance class. She seemed to enjoy it, but had trouble staying with her teacher (I wish I didn't have to be in the room with her). Next up for Lainey: toilet training? Just as soon as I work up the courage.
Still not crawling but so, so, close.
Other things: I can't wait till Lizzie is done selling girl scout cookies and I'm finally planning the Barnes family 2011 trip.

No comments:

Contributors