Wednesday, January 5, 2011

New Year's Day

We went back and forth on our New Year's Day plans. We wanted to go tubing at Liberty Mt. and to Longwood Gardens (Drew gave me a season pass and I'm dying to use it). Finally we decided to do both, but when it all played out we actually only had time for the tubing. Everything just takes longer with kids.I swear the time we spent bundling and unbundling the kids before and after was equal to the time we spent on the hill.
Liz was excited, but Alaina couldn't get over the discomfort of multiple thick layers. In the end she was too afraid to sled (we discovered this after paying for her) and spent most of her time in the lodge anyway.
The sledding hill was equipped with a "moving carpet" so there was no need to tire ourselves out by hiking back up after each run. They also had young men at the top to give us a push start. Nice.
The babies weren't old enough to go on the main hill so we took turns. First Drew watched the Alaina and Gabrielle . . .
while I went tubing.
Then, I watched the little girlies in the lodge . . .
And Drew accompanied Lizzie on the hill.
It was loads of fun and I can't wait to go back.
The following video is from Drew's I phone.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

That looks so fun! We'll have to try it sometime. By the way, I love all the crafts you do with your girls!

Contributors