Thursday, April 24, 2008

Anniversary!

Yesterday was our 9th wedding anniversary! Nine years! Yikes. I don't feel like I'm old enough to be married so long, but clearly I am. Around the time we got married, my sister-in-law, Jen, talked about how she and Andrew's oldest brother either had been married for 10 years or were approaching it. I remember thinking, wow, that's SO long. Well, here I am. Next month it will be eleven years since I met Andrew. Crazy how time flies. We decided to count our upcoming Florida trip as an anniversary celebration so last night we had a quiet night in. After we put Lizzie to bed, we had a nice dinner of steak (I don't remember ever purchasing and preparing steak for ourselves before, but Drew insists that we have), prosciutto wrapped asparagus, and garlic mashed potatoes. After dinner we gorged ourselves on twizzlers while we watched "Lars and a Real Girl" (good movie).

Earlier in the day I received a great surprise. A friend lent us her hospital-grade, baby-heart-listening-thing. Hopefully now I'll be able to listen to the heartbeat on a regular basis and calm down a bit. I haven't used it yet. I didn't dare use it during the day because I was afraid I there wouldn't be a heartbeat to find and I didn't want to be alone for that. I didn't use it when Drew got home because I did not want to spoil our anniversary with the possibility of a dead baby. I'll probably try and figure it out today.

3 comments:

Lea said...

Happy Anniversary!!! Congratulations on nine years. You just can't beat the prosciutto wrapped asparagus, it tastes great and the best part is that it's so simple to make. :)

I am so glad that you have a heart monitor for the baby. Please just let me know if you ever need someone to sit with you while doing it.

Michelle Earnest said...

I'm glad that she got the heart monitor over to you. Hopefully it will give you a little peace of mind. I can't remember when you said you were going up to NYC but have a great time..I am very jealous!

Rich and Luz Stearns said...

Congrats on the big 9 year anniversary. I'm only on year 4, so 9 def't seems like a long time to me. I'd love to use the doppler... We'll have to get together and hear baby hearbeats! Love, Luz

Contributors