Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Pickles

It's so interesting to hear Lizzie repeat (sorta) the things we try to teach to her. On the way home from school today she asked me what food I don't like. Pickles. She responded that pickles are "growing" food (I disagree--yuck) and that I need to eat them. Lizzie warned me that if I don't eat them I won't grow "old enough to see Jacob again." I'm assuming she came to this conclusion because I have told her that some day I will grow old and die, and also that she won't grow if she doesn't eat "growing" foods. So, maybe she thinks that I won't grow old enough to die if I don't eat "growing" foods. I don't know. Lizzie offered me a special surprise from her room if I ate a pickle. I told her I would give her one too, but she said "I don't need a surprise. I have lots of toys in my room. My toys are my surprises."

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

"I don't need a surprise." Is there any magic left?!?! What a sweet girl Lizzie is! Max loves her - I wish we lived closer so we could see you guys more often.

Contributors