Friday, April 25, 2008

A Day Off

Andrew suggested that I do whatever I need to do to calm down and reduce my anxiety. So, in the spirit of that, I spent yesterday afternoon at the East wing of the National Art Gallery looking at (and learning about) modern art. It was really nice. I was able to see everything and even take a docent-lead tour which I never would have been able to do with Lizzie in tow. Very relaxing.


Also, last night we finally used the Doppler heart thing. Andrew was able to find what we are pretty sure was a heartbeat. Phew.

1 comment:

rachael said...

Jill,
I think it's a great idea to use a doppler, but please remember that it is for professional use and you and Andrew are not professionals. I don't want you to freak out worse if you guys don't hear the heartbeat using the doppler at home. There have been times when my midwife had to try several times before she found the heartbeat because the baby had moved or because there needed to be more gel used....I just want you to be realistic when using the doppler is all. Okay enough of my concerns.
I wish I was there to give you a big hug and to share in your daily fears. I am thinking of you always. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on your blog. I think it's a great tool for everyone to understand your struggle with being pregnant. And a great outlet for you to express your doubts and concerns. I love it!!!!

Contributors