Monday, April 14, 2008

Highlights from last week:

Lizzie and I made "rainbow crayons" by melting the broken/cut pieces together. She liked everything about it, except that I wouldn't let her take a turn with the sharp knife to cut up crayons.
We attended the Cherry Blossom parade. I had planned to go with a friend, thinking Drew would be grateful to be left out, but he actually wanted to come. The parade was fun, though it seemed smaller than previous years. We especially missed the Guatemalan dancers, but were happy to see our favorite marching band (I think the banner said Dumbarton) and precision motorcycling cops (Drew's favorite).
It sprinkled a little at the parade so Lizzie and her friend, Avery, started out under an umbrella. This is actually one of the few times Liz was seated. She spent most of her time dancing, wiggling, and marching. The weather was slightly rainy all day, but we really lucked out and missed most of the downpours.
We ended up having two date nights this week. On Friday night we dropped Liz off with a co-op sitter and went to Top Golf and hit a few buckets of balls. Actually I hit four buckets and Drew hit nine. The last time he went to get balls, he came back and sheepishly told me he "accidentally" hit the two game options instead of just one. Right. We both got new high scores that evening and had a lot of fun.
The next night we went to my friend Lea's house for a couples night. We didn't have a sitter so we put Liz to bed there. Unfortunately she refused to go to sleep and was still awake when we left close to midnight, four hours past her regular bedtime. Needless to say she was a beast the next day. Still, despite the occasional interruptions from Liz, the evening was a lot of fun. We played Wii for the first time ever and loved it. I bowled and did much better than in real life. I boxed Drew and knocked him out (I was sore the next day). I played tennis with the guys while trying to carry on a conversation with the other women. I did poorly, but according to my doubles partner, we won two of three games (I thought we had only played one).
For playgroup we went to a bounce house. It was for the kids, but the mom's were allowed on the slides too. I loved it. It was so fun.

No comments:

Contributors