Sunday, April 6, 2008

Cherry blossoms in the rain

We braved the bad weather this morning because we had already planned an early morning cherry blossom viewing. Turns out there was a race this morning as well so tons of roads were closed. The conditions were less than ideal, but I still thought it was fun to get out and see friends. Andrew was probably relieved when the drizzle turned to actual rain and we had to turn back instead of walking around the entire basin. Actually I would have walked all the way around, but no one was willing to come with me. Andrew said he would not come back next year and when I suggested we stop by a museum instead of going straight home he told me I was in danger of losing his company at the blossoms in 2010 as well.

I tried to get a picture of Liz with her friends, but she wouldn't stop jumping. Soon they were all jumping and a video seemed more appropriate than picture.

When we saw the runners Andrew informed me that I had really dropped the ball. Apparently it was my job to make sure there were no races scheduled for this morning. Of course he was the one that checked the weather and ended up wrapped in our picnic blanket because he did not dress warm enough.

1 comment:

Ryann said...

I love the videos!

Contributors