Tuesday, April 29, 2008

New York City Girls Weekend

Last weekend I went on a fun-filled girls trip to NYC with friends Amanda, Jenni, and Tiffany. Highlights:

A visit to the Manhattan temple. I had a hard time staying awake, but it was still a pretty cool experience.

Three Broadway shows--Wicked (just as great the second time around), Curtains (loved David Hyde Pierce), and Legally Blonde (I thought I wouldn't like it since I didn't like the movie, but it was very fun and entertaining. My favorite song was "Gay or European?"). Tiffany and Amanda ran to get our Legally Blonde tickets at TKTS during our Curtains intermission. I was surprised and impressed that they made it back in time.

Going to the View. I hadn't watched this before (well, I'd seen a few minutes), and I had never seen another show taped, so I really didn't know what to expect. It was so fun! We braved chilly rain in inadequate clothing (I had light jacket and flip flops) to get in line. On our way we rode in a cab with a LITERALLY SLEEPING cab driver (and not just at the lights people) and then when we were on foot, Amanda and I were splashed by a another cab (yuck, street water). But it was worth it in the end. It was fun to see how a show was filmed. The guests were pretty lame, but the View ladies seemed really nice.

Pinkberry. It was a super yummy frozen yogurt chain in NYC that Tiffany really wanted to go to. I'm so glad she insisted because it was amazing! I order a small with strawberries and loved it so much that I had to order another small with strawberries. The people behind the counter kind of laughed at me. They really laughed at me when I went up to order yet another yogurt (this one to go for Tiffany), but I suppose they thought I was ordering it for myself.

While I was gone Andrew cleaned the house, touched up the paint, and bought a new vacuum (the one we got for our wedding nine years ago finally died). He also bought two sets of golf clubs at a yard sale for $20 total. He was VERY excited about the deal (and used it to justify buying himself a new bag and additional clubs).


4 comments:

rachael said...

Oh my gosh Jill,
I am so jealous!! I would LOVE just a day without kids much less a weekend. How great for you. And you look wonderful in the pictures!!!

Brooke said...

Hey Jill, I just found you from Luz Stearns! I'm glad you guys are in the blogging world too, and I also was extremely jealous of your girls' weekend!

AW said...

Look at your cute little flirtatious smile you have:) Had a great time with you in NYC and think we should make it an annual thing, if not a quarterly thing!

Jessica said...

Jill, what a great series of trips you have been taking! I'm glad you are having so much fun.

Contributors