Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Jet Lag & the US Botanic Garden

Jet lag! Argh! Lizzie has it SO bad this time around. We got back Saturday evening. Sunday morning we ended up sleeping in till 10:20 (church started at 8 a.m.). That night I put Liz to bed at nine, but she didn't fall asleep till midnight (after I laid in bed with her for the last hour). It was the same thing last night. Yesterday morning and this morning I had to wake Lizzie up for school (a first this year) and dress her while she laid in bed and tried to go back sleep. Sunday afternoon I took Liz to the "Windows on Wonderland" exhibit at the US Botanic Garden hoping to wear her out for an early bedtime (only early since she's still on Utah time). It was so cool! Lots of detailed little buildings (three pig's houses, Cinderella's carriage, government buildings) made entirely out of plant materials and trains all over the place--what's not to love? I highly recommend it.
I took gobs of pictures of the displays, but they just turned out so so. I think the pictures of the girls look a lot better:
Liz kept pretending she was going to drop Lainey. She would say "Timber!" as she leaned forward and giggled.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

I can't wait to go see that exhibit again this year. I remember being so impressed with it last year. Glad you guys had a fun trip to Utah. The girls look so cute together.

Wendi said...

I am excited to see that display-
we were invited to Lucy Smith's first birthday party and that is where they are having it. The kids should love it.

Candice said...

I love that last picture of Liz and Lainey!

Jessica said...

Sorry about the jet lag! The girls do look super cute.

Contributors