Wednesday, December 31, 2008

This & That

On Monday I watched my brother's kids while he and his wife, Codi, went to Charleston. It wasn't too bad. We kept ourselves busy doing this and that.
Making bracelets and necklaces with Lizzie's new bed kit.
Playing at the local Bounce House!
Most of my Willa shots: her running away from me usually up the wrong side of the slide.
When the girls looked like this I knew it was time to go home.


In return for my services Scott and Codi offered to watch my kids while I got a pedicure and went shopping on Tuesday. I almost went and then I heard they were going to help my mom clean out her attics and storage room which sounded just as fun. Hmmm. Pedicure or purging and organizing? Well, really I can get a pedicure anywhere.

The only down side was that the kids watched TONS of television while we were cleaning. When it came time to go to bed Lizzie was difficult. Apparently she heard a ghost story on dumb Sponge Bob (ugh) and was too scared to sleep.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In other news, late last night Codi helped me cut out squares for a quilt (yes, I've decided to make one/learn to sew). I'm still trying to work on it today while dealing with a grumpy Lizzie and anxiously awaiting Andrew's return. He drove back to DC on Sunday so he could work these last three days. We are so excited that he was able to get off work early today so we'll see him New Years Eve instead of tomorrow as planned.

2 comments:

Candice said...

Those are two hot girls! They look like they played so hard! How did Alaina like her ride?

Wendi said...

I think I would love to purge as well...Jordan has started her "when is Lizzie coming back routine." She will be so happy on Monday. It is like life is not normal when Lizzie is out of town...

And I told Darin I wanted a girls night next week since he is going to NY for 2 days and will be out of town the week after next. So be thinking...

Contributors