Friday, December 19, 2008

Superwoman

I don't know why I keep thinking I'm a super woman and can do a million things in a single day, especially when my personal experience keeps proving me wrong.

I no longer scrapbook so this year I decided to use up a chunk of my supplies by making my own Christmas cards. What a stupid idea. With only one week to go before Christmas, and no cards made, I finally ordered some from Costco.

There are lots of other holiday things that I have not gotten too: the National tree, temple visitor's center, Lizzie's note to Santa, grandparent gifts. . . . Argh.

Yesterday, I planned to do a bazillion things while Liz was in school and completed none of them:

Shower and curl my hair before meeting a friend for lunch.
Well, I changed out of my pajamas and put on mascara and lipstick during the drive over (since Drew reads this, I must say that I only applied makeup at the traffic lights).

Pick up, address, and mail gobs of cards.
Well, I managed to pick them up no less than 10 minutes before I picked up Liz.

Clean the apartment.
Hmm, I just made the beds.

Take a nap.
Lainey wasn't up for it, but we did end up with nice cuddle-in-bed time.

Purchase Drew's Christmas gifts.
I got on the phone and found some local stores that have it in stock.

Go grocery shopping and make dinner.
Didn't happen. Thank goodness for frozen meals.


Oh well. I'm going to try it all again today.

4 comments:

Wendi said...

You're awesome, Jill...Jordan loved going to your house, and to me it was very clean!!! And I would love to meet a friend for lunch...wait, would my boys sit throught that...don't think so:)

Drew said...

I still think you're a super woman

Codi said...

OH the story of my life! I guess this is what happens when you are caring for too kids.

rachael said...

Seriously Jill,
This is everyday for me. I make a list of things to do and by the end of the day, I basically rewrite the day's tasks for tomorrow and then add some more. I am in constant motion and if not in physical motion, than my mind is in motion...hence why my blog hasn't been getting updated regualarly. It seems that the older Riley gets, the less time I have for anything other than him. I'm finding (I'd saying "learning" but that hasn't happended yet) that I really need to limit the "EXTRAs" that I add to my plate (there will be no Christmas cards sent out from me this year and I'm only making a handful of different cookies and poor Caleb hasn't been out to see the base Christmas lights at night yet!)

I wish I was superwoman, actually I'd settle for "good woman" for now and hope for the best in the future...it's hard raising two kids, especially when one is an infant. Give yourself some credit, atleast you put on mascara. I can't remember the last time I put on mascara and if I did, I probably wore it for 2 days. You're doing great!!! And you always look great doing it!!!

Contributors