Monday, February 23, 2009

How did this happen?

Today I decided that it's time to get rid of Lizzie's badly scuffed up shoes because they're gross and I'm pretty sure her toes are about to break through the front of her favorite pair of sparkly pseudo-tennis shoes. The shoes are horribly worn out, but Liz wants to keep them because "they are beautiful and I want to look at them." No go. Goodbye to these: As we were rummaging through her shoes I was a little surprised to see just how many she has. Twelve remaining pairs! Not counting the black Sunday shoes and sparkle flip flops that I could not find. Also not counting her water shoes, slippers, cleats, tap shoes (borrowed at least), ballet slippers, ski boots, and too-big cowgirl boots that are meant for dress ups, but often get worn out-of-the-house because she loves them so much. I keep thinking. 12+ pairs!? How did this happen? All I can think it SALES. I'm a sucker for sales.

And Drew is a sucker for Vans. Last week when he let Liz pick out a pair of shoes, he did so after he had already bought some Vans for each of his little girls:
They are definitely not necessary, but Andrew was sure excited about them and now we can teach Liz how to tie shoes. Plus, I think this pair for Alaina . . .
will be easier to put on than the pair we bought for Lizzie when she was baby:
Tie shoes for a one year old? What were we thinking?!

9 comments:

Ryann said...

I love vans too. But for Lainey? You have two little girls who have daddy wrapped around their fingers!

Sarah said...

We have a shoe problem too. But who can resist all those cute shoes, especially when you find them at a bargain price! Having a second girl has given me another excuse to buy more shoes for Amelia knowing they'll get more use...

Julie Broadbent said...

She is such a girl! I'm not sure I have 12 pairs of shoes, but I might be surprised if I counted... so I won't

Codi said...

Holy Cow! She does have a lot of shoes. Vans are a bit of a tradition at our house two. Scott buys them for all three of us.

Kenny and Kelli Ray said...

Those shoes are adorable. And take it from one shoe addict to another (Lizzie) you can never have too many shoes!

Jessica said...

I have tie shoes for Soren, Pumas, and even though it is work for me, he LOVES them.

Ward Family said...

That's so funny! I love Vans too. I didn't realize they came so little!

I created that card on our blog through a website called scrapblog.com. I started designing our family scrapbook on it, but I get so distracted by all of the choices I have that it takes me forever. They have templates that you can use, but I like to put together my own. It's more fun that way!

Wendi said...

I just want to know who has more-you or Liz. If she has more, that is a real problem:):)

I won't tell you what Peter Walsh would think about that....:):)

rachael said...

Here's my theory...a girl can never have too many shoes!!! There has to be shoes that match each outfit....right???

Contributors