Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Typical Liz

Monday night we went to the mall and Lizzie came home with new shoes. I heard her saying to Drew as I slipped off to diaper Alaina, "I want to try on shoes. It's fun." What?! When I returned Liz was picking a pair to purchase. Andrew said she could get one. Naturally she tried to get away with one style in two colors. So diva.

Tuesday morning Lizzie wanted to wear the new shoes. Drew cut the tags and Liz decided that the now-virtually-unreturnable shoes felt "weird" and refused to wear them. So, after a succession of time outs we got Liz, teary-eyed and tardy, but in the new shoes, to school. There was such DRAMA and it was all so familiar (having played out with multiple pairs of shoes, socks--oh the daily sock issues!--tights, dresses, jeans, shirts, and hairstyles).

After school when I picked her up she bounced happily into the van and said, "Mommy, I love my new shoes. Can I wear them again tomorrow?" So typical it made me laugh.

It reminds me of when we had to force feed her the first bite of baby food at nearly every feeding. She would scream for a second then lick her lips (finally tasting the food), smile, and ask for more. We had no idea then what we were in for (and still don't, I'm sure).

2 comments:

Julie Broadbent said...

I want to see these shoes.

Jones said...

Liam is the same way with food...hopefully we won't have a male clothing diva on our hands...ha ha.

Contributors