Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Reinforcement

My mother arrived yesterday evening. Thank goodness. I was pretty much out of lounge-around-the-house clothes (thanks to Alaina's various bodily secretions). Another day of snot, vomit, and whatnot and I would have been slacks and a button-up. Thankfully with Mom's arrival, I was able to finally slip away to do laundry.

Lizzie was really excited to see her Nana. She was pretty fed up with my recent neglect. Sunday evening she dissolved into tears, saying "You don't want to be my Mommy anymore. You just want to take care of Alaina." And yesterday morning, Elizabeth announced, "You're not the Mommy I want. I'm going to live with Nana."

I'm glad there is someone around to pay attention to Liz now, or even someone to hold Alaina so I can pay attention to Liz myself. Either way, I'm hoping things will go smoother the next few days. Already I have been allowed such indulgences as picking up Liz at her friend's house, cooking dinner, pumping milk, and five hours of sleep without having to simultaneously attend to a sick baby.

1 comment:

Codi said...

Oh I am so glad that your mom is there to help you. I would have been a complete disaster at this point, trying to handle everything that you have been. Iris however does not think that it is fair that Nana is at Lizzie's house and not hers. When I explained to her that Alaina was very sick and Nana needed to help, she just got mad and said to tell Jill to give Alaina some medicine.

Contributors