Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Blogging Again

I've been in a bit of a bummed out funk the last week or so. I feeling better so I'm blogging again. Sorry, Mom and Dad. I know you all like to see grandkid pix more often so I'm filling this post with lots.

So here's what we've been up to the last little bit: parks (lots), reorganizing/deep cleaning our bedroom (yes, we are STILL working on our closet), multiple girls nights (I went to the coolest dueling piano bar at the National Harbor), photo shoot for the girls (pictures pending), playdates (Lizzie got to reconnect with an old preschool pal and we got a long Saturday afternoon nap), and Memorial Day festivities.

The pictures:
Liz likes to put things on Lainey's head. Alaina thinks it's hilarious. I think it's wonderful when they play together while I make dinner (instead of trying to do it all with Laina on my hip). Below is a shot of the girl's post bath cuddle.
An afternoon at the park:
Leaving the park with happy, tired girls:
Another park: Liz had requested matching outfits. While I was there I saw three kids sitting in a row on the bench, playing with handheld gaming devices. At a park! Why bother?
Yet another park: Liz wanted to visit the playground at her old preschool. It turned out to be their graduation day. I kept thinking, if she went to kindergarten here (as was our original plan) she would be done for summer and I couldn't decide if I would like that or not.
Liz is getting better about sharing her toys with Alaina. She used to holler, "No! She's going to get spit all over them!" Now, she just holds back the most precious ponies.While Liz and her friend, Jordan, ran around the playground, Laina and I hung out in the only equipment that provided shade for my fair-skinned baby.
Memorial Day was fun. We started the celebration on Saturday morning with a visit to Arlington Cemetery. Turns out if you have a handicap parking placard you can drive through the cemetery. Awesome. We tried to explain the purpose of the cemetery and the sacrifice to Liz, but what seemed to affect her the most were the two Kennedy babies buried by JFK.
.
Monday morning we went the ward breakfast because I was part of the planning committee (they were focusing on family history). I was very happy with how everything turned out. In the afternoon we went to our friends, the Stearns, home for a barbecue. Great food. Great friends. Lots of fun.
.
In between the breakfast and the barbecue Drew went golfing with our friend, Mike. I tried to catch brief nap on the couch while the girls played nearby. Five minutes before my alarm was scheduled to go off, Liz started bothering me. I kept telling her to wait five minutes and she kept asking me things. Finally, in desperation I told her if she asked me another question I would confiscate her ponies. "All of them?" she asked. Yes, all of them. She paused a moment and then asked, "Mommy, can you read me a story?" I swear she doesn't actually listen to half the things I say.
Alaina is wearing the same outfit Liz wore on her first 4th of July. It's one of my favorites.

2 comments:

Codi said...

I love that outfit too! I also LOVE Alaina's big open mouth smile! It is so cute.

Jessica said...

I love seeing your girls together--they are beautiful. Wegmans was so fun! Thanks for going with me!

Contributors