Thursday, May 7, 2009

Great Wolf Lodge

We spent Monday and Tuesday at Great Wolf Lodge with our friends, the Pomeroys. It was VERY FUN. Totally worth the money (if you go on a weekday during the school year when it is more affordable). I highly recommend it.Below is a shot of the HUGE indoor waterpark. I loved that I didn't have to worry about sunscreen for Alaina, that the slides were fun for grown-ups, and that there was an endless supply of clean, dry towels.
Liz had a lot of fun. She wasn't big on the slides (especially after I traumatized her by forcing her onto a group ride), but she really liked the wave pool.
Alaina had fun splashing around with everyone. She also napped a lot.
Drew was a trooper. He went in the water (slowly) and even on all the slides. I'm so glad he was able to participate despite his injury.
-----------------------------The submerged cast------------------------------
We took turns taking care of the kids so we could go on slides adults-only or on our own (I went on tons). It was just one of the benefits of going with another family. Another benefit was group meals. One morning we (Sharon) even made breakfast sandwiches for us by cooking eggs and bacon in the microwave.
The second day Drew and Alaina napped together a lot. Cute.
There were a bazillion ways to spend additional money at Great Wolf: airbrush tattoos, spas for grownups and kids, MagiQuest, Croc embellishments, and a video arcade. Kids could also make stuffed animals, jewelry, lotion or decorate t-shirts & flipflops, among other things. We did none of these extra things. We did, however, do the free craft at the kid's club (rainbow wands).
While in Williamsburg we met up with some friends (Dyckmans and Snows) for dinner at Pierce's PITT Bar-B-Que. It was recommended by many people and it was delicious. We liked the food so much that we ate there twice. We also went to Sno-To-Go for Stuffed Snoballs (icecream and sno cone slush). Yum.Sarah got a shot of Liz, Taryn, and Ethan--three of the original four babysitting co-op kids. I can't believe how big they've gotten.
Okay, so this is a video of me attempting the "Flow Rider." As soon as Andrew saw it he said, "I want to see you try that. I want to film you." Later he laughingly said, "That was awesome! I so hoped you'd turf it and you did!" He also let me know that if I did not post it myself, he would. So, here it is:

8 comments:

Ryann said...

I love that place! And the video was super funny-glad that you posted it!

Wendi said...

Love the video-especially the wicked laughing...totally want in next year!!

rachael said...

Oh husbands can be so cruel sometimes, but I'm glad that I got to see you be adventurous (and get your butt kicked by the flow of water, so something that would happen to me). I totally want to go there when we come back, who's in?? I'll surf if you do...

Marilyn Barnes said...

Thanks for sharing the pictures of your trip. I know that you had so much fun. Love MOM

Sarah said...

It's even better watching it in person! Thanks for letting us come along. I would love to see the videos of myself and Corey. Can we swap pics?

M & J Bowerbank said...

Sounds like tons of fun! I might make Mike take me. You have more guts than I do. Loving Andrews laugh in the background.

AW said...

Lookin' good Jill...loved the video!

Carrie said...

Why is my little brother still such a pest sometimes? Jill, you take his teasing with such good humor. The video actually was kind of funny. I've never heard of the Wolf Lodge but it sounds like you had a great time there.

Contributors