Friday, May 1, 2009

Friday!

I am SO glad it is the weekend (well, almost is at least).

Before Drew and I had kids I'd feel guilty if we slept in. "It's 11 a.m. and we are not out of bed! We've wasted the whole morning! We could have done so many things!" Crazy, I know.

Then, we had Liz and I missed those lazy, sleep-in-Saturdays. Then, she got old enough for us to just turn on some cartoons for her and go back to bed which was almost as nice as not waking up in the first place.

Then, we had Alaina. Now we have to wake up to feed and diaper, but we still try to stay in bed as long as possible. We just let the girls (and their toys) join us.

The following are from Saturday and Sunday mornings and Sunday afternoons. I'm really looking forward to more of this in the next couple days. . . .
On an unrelated note: This morning we heard super-enthusiastic Lizzie exclaim from her room that her new lamp was, "so cool I almost cried."

2 comments:

DC Diva said...

"So cool I almost cried.." That is GREAT!

Julie Broadbent said...

That looks really nice. We used to try to bring Trey into our bed on weekend mornings and turn on a DVD. But within 5 minutes he was jumping on our backs, poking us in the eye and pulling on our hands to get us out of bed. You are very lucky.

Contributors