Wednesday, May 13, 2009

First Race

Last Saturday I ran a 5k (well, I ran the first K at least). It is my first 5k ever and I felt pretty impressed with myself until I watched America's Biggest Loser last night and saw a bunch of people that are bigger and older than me running marathons and pulling cars! Now that's impressive. I'm not that fit, but you have to start somewhere: This is what Liz wore to the race: sparkle sandals, wings, a boa, and wand. Isn't that what everyone wears to athletic events? Andrew wore Alaina.
Lea and Wendi were my running mates, though Lea wasn't with us too long since she's a much better runner.
Before we left for the race Lizzie decorated a paper towel roll to use as a telescope (to watch for me). Notice she's still wearing the wrist band from Great Wolf Lodge. While we were there she claimed the band was uncomfortable and begged to take it off. Now we've been home over a week and she's still wearing it.
When we rounded the last corner (and our families could see us), Wendi and I ran (triumphantly).
After I finished the run/walk my little family and I went to ihop for breakfast. Baby steps.

4 comments:

Julie Broadbent said...

I'm so proud of you! Way to go!

Rebecca said...

5Ks rock! I LOVE the feeling when you cross that finish line! Yippee! Congratulations!

Chanda said...

You guys are awesome. I wish I could have ran (walked) it with you. :)

Jessica said...

Congrats! I wish I could have run with you!

Contributors