Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Babysitting and Dentist

Today I babysat a friend's daughter, Emma. She's two months younger than Alaina, but clearly taller. They seemed to have fun together, even with the mutual pushing, pulling, and toy stealing.

At one point I put them in the pack 'n play and left the room. When I came back Emma was sucking on Alaina's paci and Lainey was pointing to it and "talking." Perhaps she was trying to explain that she had given it to Emma or that Emma had taken it. Either way, it's fun that she is trying to communicate about specific things. Sometimes I swear I can hear her say words.
Also today, Liz and Laines had a dentist appointment. I had forgotten about it until a friend told me about her kids' appointments. Going with two babies was a bit of a challenge but we managed.
.
Liz got x-rays for the first time ever and we were able to see the teeth coming in beneath her four front ones. She has been telling me for weeks that they were loose, but I had just assumed it was wishful thinking.
.
The prospect of Lizzie's teeth falling out in the near future makes me feel excited and a little sad. I can't believe my baby is old enough to lose her teeth! Now we get to decide what our tooth fairy tradition will be. Any suggestions?

3 comments:

M & J Bowerbank said...

Jill,
We had a blast hanging out with you all last night. Thanks for dinner. We'll chat on Sunday.

Marcy said...

Thanks for watching Emma! I can tell she had a great time!!!

Julie said...

Wow, Jill! You are so beautiful and your daughters are gorgeous! I somehow found a link to Julie's facebook and then to her blog and then to your blog and I am so excited! I hope you don't mind an old babysitter who blog-stalks! It's crazy to see all you kids as parents!

Julie

Contributors