Monday, September 21, 2009

Burke Lake

I have decided that since Monday is an early out day for Liz, it will be our field trip day. Today we went to Burke Lake because we had a weekday-only coupon for free mini golf. Unfortunately even though our coupon doesn't expire till October, the mini golf is only open on the weekends after Labor Day. Lame.

So, instead I decided to spend some time on the playgrounds (turns out Alaina's afraid of the slides and I got stung/bitten by something). Then, I made the girls walk around the lake with me. Actually, Lainey napped in the Ergo and Liz chilled in the stroller, and Burke Lake is a whole lot bigger (and more scenic) than I remembered it. I have only walked around Burke Lake once before and at the time I was deep in conversation with my friend Rachael so I did not really notice the distance. When I was lugging around two kids I really noticed the distance, but after awhile is hard to know which is faster: turning back or plodding on, so we plodded on.
It took a shamefully long to time to go around and towards the end I tried to take a shortcut that wasn't short at all. Naturally I hadn't thought to bring water or snacks or anything, but we made it.

2 comments:

Wendi said...

awesome pic with Lizzie and the shadow!

Jessica said...

Great idea to have a field trip day! I want to ride the train at Burke Lake Park.

Contributors