Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Goodbye August

This last month went by SO FAST: trips to Utah and the Outer Banks, some firsts for Alaina, summer school for Liz, the daily grind, and the ups and downs of the cabin. To think that last year I spent half the month on bedrest. This year August has been so much more exciting. Here's some highlights:


Lainey's two front bottom teeth came in during our Utah trip.
Lizzie scribbled with crayons on in the inside of the van and it won't come off. I was so mad when I discovered it. We have never had a problem with Liz coloring on inappropriate surfaces before. When I asked her why she did it Liz said she didn't know she wasn't supposed to color on the armrest and Andrew thought that explanation sounded pretty reasonable. I was still pissed.
Laina crawls (more of a scoot) and gets into everything now. Yesterday she pulled the books of the shelves faster than Liz and I could stack them back up so we have entered a whole new chapter of baby proofing.
Some Lainey firsts: falling off the bed (twice), ride in a park swing, and eating a non-pureed apple (didn't last long). Alaina fell off the bed because I wasn't paying attention to her. I told Andrew about it the next day and within ten minutes of me telling him my story, Lainey fell off the bed during Drew's watch. She also had her first bloody nose (crawling mishap).

5 comments:

Unknown said...

have you tried using wd-40 to get the crayon off your van seat? I have had good luck with both that and goo gone

flem-fam said...

Try Mr. Clean magic eraser. I have gotten crayon off some pretty crazy places with that.

Julie Broadbent said...

The girls are so cute. Lainey is getting so big. I can't believe she will be 1 in a couple days.

Liz was just expressing her creative side. Could be worse. My co-workers daughter wrote "AiR BAgg" on the dash of his car in magic marker :)

Lisa said...

I love the new teeth pictures...she is such a cute baby! The girls look really cute on the swings! I wish we could see you more!

I know you probably tried everything already, but I got crayon off walls and wall paper with the blow dryer..it melts the crayon and then you can just wipe it right off! I don't know about seat cushions though!

Wendi said...

You may not like me for saying so, but I am so happy Lizzie joined the ranks of graffiti artist like her dear friend Jordan. Now I am not alone:)

Seriously-could be worse-like oh, let's just say a sharpie marker. I have some melaleuca stuff that would probably work as well.

Contributors