Friday, September 11, 2009

First day of first grade

Liz started school last Tuesday and I was surprised by how sad I felt. I thought after the excitement and anxiety (and overwhelming feeling to slow-down-time) that accompanied the start of kindergarten, the start of other grade-school years would feel somehow anti-climatic or “old hat.”
.
Well, I was wrong. I didn’t even feel relief that summer vacation was over. It went by too fast and I wish I still had my little girl home with me.
.
Still she seemed to have fun at school and I am adjusting to the days without her. As it was I almost didn't know what to do with myself with just one kid underfoot this week.
.
I told Liz she could pick our dinner menu last Tuesday in honor of starting first grade. She requested a picnic dinner of crepes and we had fun preparing it. We also had fun eating it with Andrew at the FDR monument.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

I can't believe how fast these kids grow up! Lizzie in first grade, Max in Kindergarten! Next we'll be planning their weddings and becoming grandparents! UGH!

Contributors