Monday, August 29, 2011

Irene

So the hurricane turned out to be just a tropical storm by the time it reached us so all we really had to deal with were some small downed branches and a smattering of leaves. Still, I waited up till 2 a.m. Sunday morning to watch the continuous storm coverage and had the girls sleep in the basement room with a tiny window (because I was afraid of broken windows). I was a little bummed the next morning when I read the email indicating that church was still on. If I skip I feel guilty, but if it's cancelled . . . Oh well, I had to teach a primary lesson anyway. In all, the storm felt a bit anti-climatic. We had filled the tub and some coolers with water, purchased paper plates and cups, strategically placed our lantern, and kept the kids indoors and in the end, most of that was unnessessary (thank goodness).I made a huge list of things to do during the storm to keep busy and only ended up doing a few of them: mending the girls' pillow pets, catch up on blogs, make pom pom flowers for Lainey's birthday party, and so on.

No comments:

Contributors