Monday, August 1, 2011

Myrtle Beach: Family Photos (lots of 'em)

With less than a week to go before our family vacation, my father asked me if I could find a photographer. My first response was pretty much, it's impossible, but I'll give it a try anyway. So, I was pleasantly surprised when I found someone who was both available and affordable (and included a picture CD in their price). It was a little crazy what with so many people and little kids and wind and other beach goers sometimes photo bombing, but in the end I'm really glad we had them taken.

The photographer did various groupings. We started with an
ENTIRE FAMILY GROUP SHOT.My childless brothers, Dave & Mike, kept the kids entertained in between shots (pix by my Dad).SOME CANDIDSINDIVIDUAL FAMILY SHOTS

It was hard to get a picture, what with our two little ones (Alaina freaked out when we sttood her in the surf--she never did like the waves).The wind didn't help either. My hair was in my face half the time
(and looked weird the other half).Our CD included all of our OUTTAKES. Rob & Lisa's were my favorite. I think they both look just as good here as in the regular pictures. GRANDKIDS, NANA, & PAPA

These were hard. The kids just did not want to hold still or pay attention and there so many of them. This is my favorite shot. We had them all lined up, reasonably ready and willing and then Logan takes off running with airplane arms. He circled around everyone and ran through the water. Of course during the day (every day I think), he was too afraid to go in the water, but remove the swim suit and life jacket, slap on some regular clothes and he's just fine running into the ocean. GRANDKIDS

The laughs continued when we tried to get a picture of the grandkids on their own. Most of the kids had trouble paying attention, preferring to look away or dig in the sand to smiling for the camera. Alaina and Smith bawled, and Ellie and Olive kept crawling away.Ellie's another one that didn't seem to care for the waves during the day, in a swimsuit, but that evening she kept racing to them.We lost Smith.Ellie & Olive quickly followed suit. Alaina stood her ground, screaming and crying in place until we finally picked her up.Another one of my favorite pictures:I love Willa in the background.POST PHOTO SHOOT

After we were done taking the official pictures we told the kids they could go play in the water.Smith, Trey, and Alaina weren't interested in the water so instead they went and destroyed the sand castle Uncle David and Aunt Emily had spent all day making (sorry guys).

3 comments:

Ali Snow said...

Wow - the Roger Barnes family sure is getting big! You all look great!

pennylutz said...

I love that last picture!

Julie said...

I loved seeing pictures of all you guys again! I love your family...so fun to see the next generation! Wonderful pictures!!!

Contributors