Saturday, August 27, 2011

This Week in Review/Natural Disaster Week

MONDAY - Lee Rec Center spray park in the morning and Great Waves water park in the afternoon. Yeah, it was tiring (but fun).
I pretty much only saw Lizzie when it was time to eat and time to leave. The little ones and I lingered in the kiddie pool and also the large playground.
As always, Ellie spent a lot of time in the chairs.
TUESDAY - spent the day at Burke Lake (more on that later) and the evening at Wolf Trap watching Ballet West with Lizzie and some friends. It was my first time at that outdoor theater and I really enjoyed it. Oh yeah, and we had a 5.8 earthquake. I've been in other earthquakes before, but I've never actually felt them.
Some family members called to make sure we made it through the earthquake alright. When I talked to my mom she said something about the approaching hurricane which is the first time I remember hearing of Irene.
WEDNESDAY - My friend, Sharon, watched the older girls in the morning so I could run errands. Ellie and I scoured the outlet mall for a modest white dress for Liz. We found only one with sleeves and it was $140! Needless to say, we will be ordering ours online (and purchasing Alaina's in the spring when her time comes around).
THURSDAY - I watched the Pomeroy girls in the morning which my girls loved and in the late afternoon Liz and Laines went to Talia's house for a playdate and dinner. So nice. In the evening I went to dinner the ladies. During the meal, one of my friends mentioned that Irene was a category 3. Now, I forgot that the hurricane scale is 1 to 5, not 1 to 10 like earthquakes. So, when I heard 3, I thought, well we just made it through an almost 6 earthquake and that was pretty much no big deal so I'm sure the hurricane isn't anything to worry about. Stupid, I know, and it definitely isn't my first hurricane.
FRIDAY - Ellie had her 15-month check up in the morning. She's 23 pounds and totally healthy. Other activities: Drew and I took turns running errands, we did some hurricane prep, and finally made and mailed birthday invitations for Alaina's third birthday party. In the evening we dropped Liz off at a sleepover birthday party and took the other two girls out to dinner. We planned to go to Chipotle, but Lainey begged for The Noodle Company. She kept saying "It's so comfortable!" She uses that phrase a lot to talk about eateries that she likes.SATURDAY - We pretty much hung out at home and waited for the storm to hit. We passed the time by cleaning, napping, watching movies, playing, and most of all, watching the news. Liz returned from her sleepover in the morning. She loved it. Turns out she went to bed sometime after 1:30 in the morning (when the mom gave up and went to bed) and woke up by 6:30 in the morning. Surprisingly her attitude and behavior was just fine during the day even after so little sleep.

No comments:

Contributors