Monday, August 22, 2011

Week in Review/Last week's highlights

Monday - County fair with friends. The girls had a blast. The fun continued that evening with a sleepover for Liz and a date night for Drew and I at Top Golf.Tuesday - Playdate/babysitting swap in the afternoon and a new book club for me in the evening. Man, I love me some book club. Wednesday - Playdate for Liz in the morning and Lee Rec sprinkler park for all of us in the afternoon. Loads of fun. The only problem was Ellie kept drinking the water. Yuck.Thursday - First thing in the morning I made a couple batches of jam. Alaina "helped" me cut the fruit. We some friends over for a playdate/babysitting swap, then we went to Atlantis waterpark. Unfortunately we spent more time out of the water than in, thanks to approaching electrical storms, and the park closed early. Now we have an Atlantis bounce back pass to use up if anyone is interested in going . . . Friday - We made peach icecream in our vitamix! It was delicious. I'm so glad I went to the trouble to freeze all those peach slices. In the evening we went to a ward party. It was a barbecue and it was okay. Really it just highlighted how few people we know in the ward. I felt pretty uncomfortable, but I know it takes time . . . Saturday - tons of errands in the morning (not fun, but it felt good to cross them off my list), Lainey had a daddy-daughter date in the late afternoon (Winnie the Pooh movie then a walk to the park with Lizzie where they pretended to be pirates).Sunday - After the girls went to bed Andrew and I made our fifth and sixth batches of peach jam. Now we're more than set for the following year.

No comments:

Contributors