Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Last week, a.k.a. soccer camp week

Since the previous week was so crazy busy, I decided that last week should be a bit more laid back and only planned one activity per day (not counting Lizzie's evening soccer camp).

Monday - watermelon pancakes (or an attempt anyway), then a playdate with Ryann's kids at our house and the start of soccer camp. Liz didn't want to go to soccer camp and cried when I dropped her off, though it turns out part of that was because her cleats were too small.Tuesday - errands in the morning (we needed a bigger size in cleats afterall), then the pool with Ryann and her kids (we tried to do a lot with Ryann the past two weeks because that's all we had between her move from England and her move to Virginia Beach).Wednesday - early morning doctor visit for Alaina (because she was up at 1 a.m., for an hour, with an earache), then playdate with our friends, the Brady's (and the other families that love them). The Bradys live in Africa so our visits with them are rare and wonderful.Thursday - playdough in the morning, library event in the afternoon. Flumpa the frog taught the kids some science at the library. Alaina was absolutely terrified of that frog. In the evening I tried Birkram yoga (you "practice" in a super hot, super humid room). I really liked Birkram and want to do it again sometime (surprised me because I hate saunas).Friday - Drew was off so errands in the morning as a family, then the girls and I had lunch at Rachael's house, and, while the babies had their afternoon naps, Liz played mini golf with daddy. In the picture below Ellie is listening to the dishwasher. I promise I wash the front of it daily. It's just that Ellie also touches it daily.Saturday - mom's day off! Lovely, lovely, lovely.Sunday - after church Drew and I worked on our giant box of peaches (we're talking 100+ pieces of fruit). We froze slices, made a coule batches of jam, and had peach crepes for lunch. Liz made peach lemonade. I think we're a little more than halfway through the box.

No comments:

Contributors