Monday, October 3, 2011

Busy, busy

Usually I like to go sight-seeing or on family activities on weekends, but since we've moved I been surprised to discover that just as often, I enjoy staying home. Last weekend I intended to go to Art on the Avenue in Del Ray, but decided instead to stay home and unpack some or our last few moving boxes. It was nice. Also, last weekend we watched conference, visited with friends, and Andrew and the girls slept in a tent on the deck.The girls loved their campout. Drew was sweet about it, but I know he didn't sleep well. In the following shot, Drew just paused their movie, and Liz jumped up so she can come inside and eat the take-out I brought home, so they weren't exactly "roughing it." Originally Liz and Drew were going to go to the ward camp out Friday night, but Drew was tired and it was about to rain so instead he offered to take Liz out to eat. Lizzie started crying so Andrew suggested sleeping on the deck. Liz immediately perked up and asked if she could invite Alaina.During our unpacking we found an old digital camera for Liz to use. Here are a couple of her shots: Alaina wore a her "tooth fairy" costume on Sunday.As usual Ellie climbed on the table.The weekend was nice and now I'm back to a crazy stressful week. It feel like everything is happening right now, like in just one week things will slow down. Already I'm done with the girls birthdays (well, Liz still needs to finish her thank you notes) and tomorrow I'll be halfway done with my current Joy school unit.Today was packed: I tried to make fancy cookies on a stick for Lizzie girl scout meeting, they fell apart so I scrambled to make mini cupcakes instead, then music makers, left the kids at a friends house, raced to a doctor's office, raced back to get the little kids and cupcakes in time to pick up Liz and her friends at school . . . At kiss 'n ride I talked to another mom about PTA crap while my carpool kids piled in and didn't notice till I left the parking lot that I was missing one. I raced back. The kid wasn't there. My phone didn't work. Argh! Turns out it was all misscommunication--I did not lose some one else's kid--but stressful all the same. So, then the little girls and I hung out at the church while Liz was at her Brownie meeting--not easy with Ellie.After Brownies, we headed to Walmart to pick up supplies for tomorrow's Joy School. Some lessons require more prep than others. This one had a lot of visual aids to photo copy, cut, and color. I'm also supposed to make a sock puppet (no thanks, I'll use one I already have) and cook some apples so the kids can make applesauce tomorrow (along with planting seeds and making seed art).After Walmart, it was homework, dinner, baths, pedicures, FHE, Lizzie's thank you notes, the regular slew of bedtime stories, and finally bed for the kids so I could move onto to my PTA and Joy School responsibilities. I can't wait for a nap this weekend.

No comments:

Contributors