Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Yesterday vs. Today

Today wasn't really a bad day. It just wasn't really good. I waited around for a piano delivery that I later discovered was actually scheduled for Thursday, went to the doctor, and spent a lot of time driving around/killing time in the van. One of the fun moments was Alaina at the doc's office. She was very talkative and wanted to tell the doctor all about what happens when she visits her "kid doctor." Other interesting moments/experiences from today: trying to explain uteruses and the need to wear a bra to Liz.Yesterday things went smoother (or at least they seem that way looking back a day later). The little girls and I enjoyed a trip to the zoo, we picked up Liz at school, ran errands, and had FHE.When Alaina saw this statue she said, "Mama! Take a picture of me on that!" And of course, she posed.Ellie's in the monkey-see-monkey-do stage so she ran to be in the picture too. Of course she posed a little differently. . . . We spent some time in the praire dog tunnel play area.Ellie was too scared to go in the tunnels so . . . I helped her play on top.In the evening, after I put Ellie to bed, the other girls and I tried out our new air popper for FHE (it's national popcorn month--I think). The girls loved it.I neglected to put any seasoning on the popcorn ahead of time so once popped, we painted it with a concoction of food coloring and sweetened condensed milk. The girls loved it.

No comments:

Contributors