Thursday, February 23, 2012

Days 3/Pres Day

Day 3: President's Day.  This day felt harder, probably because I was so tired.  Ellie threw a lot of food on the floor.  This is pretty typical for her, but somehow, on Monday, it seemed harder to handle than it usually does.  During a fit at breakfast she pushed her bowl of oatmeal, then Alaina's, onto the floor.  During lunch she picked up her pile of noodles and dropped them beside her chair, not once, but three times (with apparently ineffective timeouts in between).  After grocery shopping (how stupid am I to do that with three kids in tow?) I put Elli down for a nap and sent the other girls to the basement to play.  I told them I needed a "timeout" in my room so I could be a better mommy.  I also promised Lainey lots of t.v. time after Lizzie left for her playdate, if she would just please, please, pretty please stay in the basement with Lizzie while mommy slept.  It worked.  Thank goodness.

Sweet evening moments: Alaina reading a Pat the Bunny to Ellie (Elle was cuddled up next to her and paying attention until I got the camera out). 
Ellie "reading" a book to herself while Lainey sings a song.
Alaina on the phone with Daddy.  This girl loves to talk on the phone.  She certainly loves her daddy too.
Lizzie cuddled up with her little sister in Lainey's bed.  I loved seeing this.  Usually they stay in their own beds.  Sometimes I beg/force Liz to let Lainey sleep with her if Laines is scared when Drew and I go on a date.  I'm not sure what prompted them to sleep together tonight, but I think it might have something to do with Lainey's missing stuffed pig.  I was supposed to search for it, but I wanted to finish my book  .  .  .  so, I'm a total slacker mom, but it ended in a sweet moment.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Those back to back days of single parenting are TOUGH but thank goodness for those sweet moments! At least you have them documented. If you ever want to swing by our place for a break--we are all yours!

Contributors